What Dirt Bike Size is Right For You?
One of the first things you need to take into consideration when deciding what size dirt bike you need is just how important getting the right size is! First and foremost buying the wrong size dirt bike could compromise your safety.
- 5ft to 5ft 5in = 125cc
- 5ft 5in to 5ft 8in = 230cc
- 5ft 8in & over = 250 – 450cc
Matching Your Seat Height to Your Height
- 6ft & over = 37.5 inches seat height
- 5ft 10in = 35 – 39 inches seat height
- 5ft 8in = 34 – 38 inches seat height
- 5ft 6in = 34 – 37 inches seat height
- 5ft 4in = 33 – 36 inches seat height
- 5ft 2in = 31 – 35 inches seat height
You also do not want to purchase a bike that they are going to grow out of all too quickly. Using the method of both feet touching the ground and only balls of feet and toes are useful here as it is a good indicator they will not grow out of the bike too quickly and that it is not too big for them. As a general rule of thumb: